Comprehensive Universal Life Protects you against the risks in all stages of life.
COMPREHENSIVE UNIVERSAL LIFE
Comprehensive Universal Life Protects you against the risks in all stages of life.
1. Flexible benefit options of Death & Total and Permanent Disability (TPD)(1)
Comprehensive Universal Life offers two different options to meet their particular needs.
Level Death Benefit - Prioritize the saving factor: customers will receive the benefit equal to 100% current Sum Assured or Account Value (whichever is greater) when the insured event happens.
Increasing Death Benefit - Prioritize the protection factor: customers will receive the sum of 100% current Sum Assured and Account Value upon the insured event happens.
In addition, Comprehensive Universal Life offers the flexibilities to change the insurance coverage as well as adjust the financial plans in accordance with their individual needs of each stage of life by switching the insurance benefit options or adding rider benefits in line with the conditions prescribed under the Terms and Conditions of this product.
2. Benefit to increase Sum Assured upon key life events
Comprehensive Universal Life ensures to be entitled to increase current Sum Assured up to 25% upon the events of getting married or having new born child without medical underwriting. This benefit allows customers to optimize their insurance policy to enjoy the enhanced financial protection
3. Benefit for non-smokers
AIA will pay an additional amount/ extra coverage of 10% of current Sum Assured in case a non-smoking Life Insured dies at the age of over 15 years old
4. Benefit for full payments in due time
If premiums are paid in due time the policy shall automatically be awarded an extra accidental death benefit (before age 65) equivalent to 100% of the current Sum Assured. This extra coverage shall be given without any additional cost of insurance
5. Benefit to enjoy cash advance
If the Life Insured suffers from cancer before attaining the age of 65, the Company shall advance 25% of current Sum Assured (3).
6. Partial withdrawal benefit from the Account Value
In order to timely support the urgent financial needs, customers can withdraw from the Account Value provided that the policy has been in inforce at least 2 years.
7. Benefit to enjoy investment returns
During the Policy term of Comprehensive Universal Life, interest will be credited to Account Value. In all cases, the announced interest rate shall not lower than the guaranteed interest rate of 5%/year in the first 2 year; 4.5% in the next 2 years, 4%, 3.5%, 3%, 2% in 5th until 8th Policy year respectively; and 2% from 9th Policy year and onwards. The Company commits to perform prudent investment policy in stability income in order to ensure this guaranteed interest rate.
8. Benefit to enjoy Loyalty Bonus
On the 10th policy Anniversary, a Loyalty Bonus equal to 100% of the Total Calculated Bonus Amount(4) will be allocated to the Protection Account. Similarly, on the 15th and 20th policy Anniversary, a Loyalty Bonus will be equal to 10% of the Total Calculated Bonus Amount. In order to enjoy this benefit, customers have to pay full Protection Premium at every Premium Due Date in the preceding years.
9. Maturity Benefit
Upon the Maturity of the policy, customers will receive the whole Account Value.
(1) Applicable when the insured event occurs before the age of 70.
(2) Only applicable to policies issued with standard conditions and maximum two (2) times during the policy term.
(3) Deductible when paying out the Maturity benefit, Death benefits or Disability or Total and Permanent Benefit upon early termination of the Policy before the Maturity.
(4) Total Calculated Bonus Amount is total interest accumulated into Protection Account at 10th Anniversary Date. Accordingly, the total interest accumulated at these policy years will be equal to 50% Accumulated interest credit accrued to Protection Account Value in the preceding 5 policy ears.
|Age of entry||From 30 days old to 65 years old|
|Expiry age||100 years old|
|Policy term||100 years old|
|Premium payment||To ensure better implementation of financial plan, customers need to pay premiums as schedule. In the first four years, the chosen Protection Premium is the minimum premium that must be paid in full.|
|Premium frequency||Annually, Semi-Annually, Quarterly and Monthly.|
Protection premium: The amount is defined and chosen by customers in line with their needs, declared under the application form and paid at every premium due date according to the chosen payment schedule.
Saving premium: The remaining premium after fully paid the annual Protection premium and other due date rider premiums (if any).
Allocation fee: The fee is deducted from the Protection premium and Saving premium at every premium payment, before allocated to Account Value. The allocation fee is a percentage of Protection premium and Saving premium as follows:
Cost of insurance: Is the cost used to pay insurance benefits (including death and TPD benefit).
Policy Administration Fee: Is the cost to maintain policy and monthly deductible. Currently, the cost is 25.000VND per month.
Fund Management Fee: Is the cost for Fund Management. The Company will deduct the Fund Management fee up to 2% of the total asset value of universal life fund per year.
Partial Withdrawal Charge: Not applicable.
Surrender charge: Not applicable.
Protection Account Value: Is the amount which is accumulated from allocated Protection Premium plus interest after deducting the Cost of Insurance and monthly Policy Administration Fee.
Saving Account Value: Is the amount which is accumulated from allocated Saving Premium plus interest after deducting the Cost of Insurance and monthly Policy Administration Fee (if any).
Account value: Sum of Protection account value and Saving account value.
Interest Crediting Rate: Is the interest earned from the actual performance of Universal Life Fund after deducting Fund Management Fee, which is applicable for calculating interest of Account Value.
1. The insurance products are not bank deposits or obligations of, or guaranteed by Citibank, N.A., Hanoi Branch and Citibank, N.A., Ho Chi Minh City Branch (hereinafter called “Citibank, N.A., Vietnam”) or any of its subsidiaries, group companies or affiliates. The purchase of the product is optional. The customer has full right to choose the suitable product fitting their needs and financial situation. Currently Citibank only distributes insurance product(s) for sole Vietnamese nationality customer.
2. AIA Vietnam Life Insurance Company Limited (“AIA”) is the insurance underwriter of this insurance plan and is solely responsible for all approvals, coverage and compensations of their insurance plans. All Claims under the policy will be solely decided upon by AIA.
3. This insurance product is not insured by any government agency. According to Article 54.1 of Decree No. 73/2016/ND-CP, life insurance company must maintain reserve funding for each life insurance contract to match its responsibilities. In additions, according to Article 103 and Article 105 of Decree No. 73/2016/ND-CP, life insurance companies are required to contribute to Insured Person Protection Fund under Vietnam Assurance Association with contribution amount as per announced in the fiscal year by the Ministry of Finance but not exceed 0.3% of total premiums from primary insurance contracts in the preceding fiscal year. The fund will be used to pay for insurance benefits, surrender value, premium refund obligations in cases the insurance company is unable to pay or is bankrupted. The payment will be paid in one time for each request.
4. The above information is intended for reference only. Please refer to the Policy Contract and the website www.citibank.com.vn for detailed Terms and Conditions.
5. There are certain conditions whereby the benefits under the plan will not be payable. These are stated as exclusions in the policy contract. You are advised to read the policy contract for the full list of exclusions.
6. The Benefit Illustrations (where applicable) presented are not actual and for illustrative purposes only. The accumulated interest rates, annual dividends and maturity dividend (where applicable) are subject to certain market factors etc. Past performance/ record is not necessarily indicative of future result.
7. Buying a life insurance policy is a long term commitment. An early termination of the policy might involve high costs and the surrender value may be less than the total premium paid.
8. In order to support customer in premium payment, customer may apply for Citibank Direct Debit Authorization (DDA) service by with insurance premium will be collected and paid to AIA in accordance with the amount and frequency requested by customer.
9. Subject the specific insurance product Terms & Conditions, if you are not happy with your policy, you have the right to cancel it within the Free-look Period which is 21 (twenty-one) days from the AIA insurance acceptance date on the insurance certificate and date you receive the insurance certificate. AIA will refund all premiums paid after deducting health check fee and any expenses incurred for underwriting and policy issuance process, if there is any. Should you cancel the insurance policy after the Cooling-off Period, you may lose all paid premium and just receive the account value or surrender value, depend on case by case.
10. You are advised to review your financial circumstances at least once annually in order for you to review and monitor your existing financial plans and to identify new and emerging financial needs that may arise.
11. Citibank, N.A., Vietnam is not responsible or liable for any product and service offered by AIA Vietnam. AIA Vietnam is the insurance underwriter of this insurance product and is solely responsible for all insurance and compensation related matters.
12. Tax benefits, if applicable are governed by local regulations and subject to changes in the tax laws. Citibank and its employees are not in the business of providing tax advice.
13. For more details, clarification, policy servicing, claim and cancellation enquiries, please call your bank financial consultant or contact:
- Ha Noi: 40 Cat Linh Street, Cat Linh Ward, Dong Da District.
- Ho Chi Minh: 115 Nguyen Hue Blvd., District 1